Emtricitabine and Tenofovir are given in combination to treat Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection in adults aged 18 years and over. The combination drug is used along with other antiretroviral medications to help control HIV infection. These active ingredients Emtricitabine and Tenofovir act by decreasing the amount of HIV in your body so your immune system can function better. The decrease in the amount of HIV in the body will significantly lower your chance of getting HIV complications such as cancer, and infections as well as improve your quality of life.
Emtricitabine is categorized under nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor while Tenofovir Disoproxil belongs to the class of drugs known as nucleotide reverse transcriptase. Both are antiviral agents and prevent HIV from multiplying in your body. The Prescription me, medicines used in two different ways:
- For the treatment of HIV-1 infection- The combination drug is used to treat HIV-1 infection in people in people who weigh at least 35 kg. It is always used along with other HIV-1 medicines.
- For reducing the risk of getting an HIV-1 infection- Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Disoproxil reduces the risk of getting an HIV-1 infection when used along with safe sexual practice. Both the active agents are especially discovered for adults who are at high risk of getting the virus. This is for adults who are at high risk of getting HIV-1 including HIV negative men who have sexual contact with a male partner and who are at high risk of getting infected with HIV-1 through sexual contact. Moreover, if one of the partners among male and female has HIV-1 and other does not, then there are chances of getting HIV.
However, the combination antiviral agents do not cure HIV infections or AIDS. One must ask his/her health care provider if have any doubt about how to prevent HIV-1 or to pass the infection to others. Practice safe sex always and use contraceptive measures like condoms to lower the chance of sexual contact with body fluids. Never re-use or share needles or other items that have body fluid on them to avoid getting an infection. If you are prescribed with this combination medication with other HIV-1 medicine to treat HIV-1, You must keep taking your combination medicine to control HIV-1 infection as well as to decrease HIV-1 related illness.
How to use Emtricitabine/Tenofovir medication?
A patient must take this medication as directed by his/her health care specialist. It is usually recommended once daily without regard to food. The dosage of the medication tenvir em is based on your medical condition, kidney function, as well as response to treatment. But, the dosage for children will determine, based on the body weight. When used for treating HIV infection, this drug is consumed with other pharmaceutical agents to treat HIV.
Continue taking the medication exactly as directed by your healthcare provider. The combination of antiviral agents works best when the amount of this combination in your body is kept at a constant level. Therefore, it is important to take the medication at even intervals as instructed.
A headache, back pain, trouble sleeping, dizziness, diarrhea, change in the colour of your skin, palms, or souls, may develop during the treatment. If any of these effects persist for a long period or worsen, please inform your health care specialist about it.
Interaction with other drugs
This information sheet does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all medications that you use and share it with your healthcare provider. Avoid starting any treatment, or changing doses with your healthcare provider’s approval. Here is the list of some products that can change how your combination antiviral medication work or increase your risk of side effects. The medications that can interact are orlistat, adefovir, and other medications can harm the kidney function such as gentamicin/amikacin.
Tenofovir can also decrease the effectiveness of atazanavir by decreasing blood levels. Consider consulting your health care providers more details. buy tenvir em online from premiumrxdrugs.com at a reasonable price, genuine quality product with super fast shipping and best customer support services
Latest posts by Marie (see all)
- What To Know About the Medicine That Grows Thick Eyelashes - July 14, 2021
- Ka magra Gold vs Kamagra - July 9, 2021
- Can We Use Latanoprost and Bimatoprost Together? - July 8, 2021