Several options are available to remove unwanted facial hair, including tweezing, waxing, or depilatory creams. Topical formulations like Eflora cream also offer longer results and can help remove facial hair for several weeks or months.
Best ways to remove facial hair
One of the major causes of hair growth is hormonal changes. Unwanted hair growth may also be triggered by genetics too. If you are concerned about hair growth on your face, follow these tips.
- Tweezing – Tweezing is the easiest and cheapest hair removal method of removing facial hair. It is most used to keep your eyebrows all the time. But it can also be used for those occasional chin hairs that develop out of nowhere.
- Depilatory hair removal cream – A depilatory is a strong product that breaks down hair so that they become easy to wipe off with the help of a towel. The process takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes, depending on hair texture and the product’s formula. While the hair removal option is fast and convenient, it is important to be careful while choosing the product. Formulations for hair removal often contain harmful chemicals and burn your skin, especially the delicate area of your skin. Try something which has extra moisturizing properties. Also, ensure that results tend to last only a few days.
- Waxing – A long-favoured hair removal method that helps eliminate the face and body of unwanted fuzz. In general, the method lasts a good four weeks. Waxing requires some hot wax and waxing strips. However, waxing can be a harsh exfoliation process that often arrives with some side effects like more prominent redness if you have sensitive skin.
Since the facial skin is more delicate than the rest of your body, the skincare expert recommends only using facial wax strips or hair removal creams for the delicate skin area, as it can become more irritated. Experts also warn against skin care products contributing to further irritation. After waxing, moisturizing skin with a light moisturizing cream or a calming oil is important. This is extremely beneficial if your skin feels irritated.
- Prescription creams – Prescription creams are recommended for many skin issues, so why should hair removal differ? Eflora cream (Vaniqa) is an FDA-approved prescription formulation that reduces facial hair in women. Allergen, the pharmaceutical company that manufactured this formulation, says a user should see improvements between four and eight weeks after beginning eth treatment. While there is a permanent hair removal method, the prescription formulation helps hair grows back more slowly and in finer, softer textures.
When applied to the skin, eflornithine, the active component in Eflora, works by blocking the activity of an enzyme in hair follicles, which plays a role in hair production. It is used with laser therapy to decrease the rate at which unwanted facial hairs grow in women with this issue.
How effective is Eflora cream?
Over time, the need for additional hair removal hair techniques to maintain hair-free skin may reduce. However, hair removal is not effective for everyone. The topical cream is used cosmetically to remove unwanted facial hair. It is not used to treat patients with parasitic infections.
Eflora is not a depilatory cream. You should continue using your usual hair removal routines. Removing unwanted hair includes shaving, plucking, waxing, hair-removing creams, electrolysis, and laser treatments. Your doctor will advise which suits you to use alongside Eflora cream.
- If you want to apply makeup to the areas of skin that you’ve applied the cream to, you can do this, but please wait for at least five minutes after applying Eflora Vaniqa before you do so.
- You must use the cream regularly. It can take about eight weeks to see its full benefit. If there is little improvement after four months of using the creat, please discuss this with your doctor, who will review your treatment.
- Eflora cream is not intended for men or girls under 18 years old.
Side effects of Eflora cream
Eflora cream is very well tolerated and safe to use. Some women may develop minor and temporary skin irritations, including redness, stinging, burning, tingling, and rash.
If you develop skin irritation, reduce the application as your dermatologist advises. If irritation continues, you should stop using this hair removal cream. Buy Eflora cream online at an affordable price.