Tretinoin is a popular formulation for clearing up active skin breakouts. It can be a short-term and long-term solution for you depends on the severity of your acne. Tretinoin is a generic form of Retin-A that works wonder to treat acne issues; it is a prescription medicine in the USA. This topical formulation has been found effective for many people but not all; your doctor is the right person to suggest the dosage, formulation, and treatment duration you need to get rid of acne.
Application Method of Tretinoin Cream
Start with the lowest strength/dosage to avoid skin irritation and let the cream adjust with your skin type. The application method of Tretinoin cream is amazingly easy; you may also find the leaflet in the pack that will allow you to follow the steps to apply this cream. Refer to the below points to know the usage directions of retino a 05 tretinoin cream for acne:
- Remove your face and eye makeup. Also, remove your contact lenses (if you wear them)
- Clean your skin with a mild cleanser (specifically non-oily or creamy) using normal water, and let your skin pat dry completely before the application.
- Take a cream on your fingertip to cover and evenly apply the affected area. Next, make a thin layer of the medication on your face and rub gently until it gets observed by the skin.
- Keep the medication away from sensitive areas like the nose, eyes, and lips
- To get the best results, try to apply the formulation 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime. Wash your face thoroughly in the morning when you wake up.
- Follow the regular application of Tretinoin medication for 8 to 12 weeks to experience the improvement.
The benefits of Tretinoin Cream
Being a retinoid, Tretinoina 0.05 Cream carries a strength of vitamin A which stimulates your skin cells by removing dead skin cells and developing new skin cells to the surface. The quick cell turnover opens your skin pores and releases irritants and bacteria that cause acne. In addition, Tretinoin regulates natural sebum (oil) production to prevent further skin breakouts. Finally, its anti-inflammatory properties clear up active acne blemishes.