Skinlite is a powerhouse when it comes to its ingredients. Before we mention the advantages and disadvantages of skin lite cream in this article, keep in mind that the topical formulation is not for regular use. Below, we will discuss how to use this skin care product immediately to avoid the adverse effects and indulge in its benefits.
About Skin lite & its benefits
The main ingredients in skin lite cream are Tretinoin, Hydroquinone, and Mometasone furoate. Knowing the benefits of each one of them will lead us to the advantages of skin lite cream. The benefits of each mentioned pharmaceutical ingredient are described below:
- Hydroquinone – Hydroquinone has been used for many years as a skin-lightening agent. It has been shown to induce hypopigmentation reversibly in man. It bleaches the skin, which can be beneficial in treating a different form of pigmentation. The skincare agent decreases the number of melanocytes that make melanin, which gives your skin its colour. In cases of hyperpigmentation, more melanin is present due to increased melanocyte production. Controlling these melanocytes makes your skin more evenly toned over time.
- Tretinoin: Tretinoin is an effective remedy for treating acne, dark spots, melasma, scars, and skin ageing. It effectively treats sun-damaged skin. It can’t erase deep fine lines and wrinkles but can help improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots. Tretinoin helps the skin to rejuvenate itself more promptly.
- Mometasone furoate is used to treat itching, swollen and irritated skin. This can help with different types of eczema and psoriasis. It is a steroid medication and is usually prescribed with other treatments. Mometasone acts inside the skin cells and inhibits the release of certain chemical messengers in the body that causes redness, itching and swelling.
How should you use the Skin lite cream?
The skinlite cream is for external use. One should use the standard dose methods as prescribed by the dermatologist. It is best to check the usage instructions before you use it thoroughly. Before you apply for the medicine, you must wash and dry the affected area. Wash your hands after application.
Other important information related to skin lite use:
- Skin lite is a short-term treatment for mild to moderate melasma.
- It helps in reducing scars, dark spots/patches, blemishes, and dark circles.
- People should continuously use it along with sun avoidance measures such as sunscreen and wearing protective clothing.
- Individuals may see improvement in just two weeks, and complete results usually reappear after three months of regular use.
- People shouldn’t apply the formulation to injured or infected areas of the skin.
- If individuals experience irritation or hypersensitivity, they must immediately consult their dermatologist and discontinue treatment.
- People are advised not to use it for more than eight weeks without discussing the effects and other problems with doctors.
- It helps to reduce scars
- Treats melasma
- Removes blemishes and other dark spots
- Even tone skin
Skinlite has no disadvantages when used, as advised by the dermatologist. Keep the following instructions in mind when using Skinlite cream.
- You can’t use Skin lite like your regular cream. Also, please don’t use it longer than the prescribed period. The medicated cream treats hyperpigmentation but using it too frequently may cause recurrence of hyperpigmentation as the topical formulation peels dead skin cells. Hence, prolonged use of this medicated cream means peeling more skin cells which may cause skin thinning.
- Make sure you use sunscreen while using Skin lite. The topical solution may make your skin sensitive. Exposure to the sun without sun protection may harm your skin and reverse the benefits. Preferably use sunscreen for thirty minutes before stepping out in the sun. If you stay longer in the sun, re-apply the cream every 2 to 3 hours.
- Avoid swimming. If you should go, stop using the cream at least a month before swimming.
- You may feel itchy, but it won’t scratch your skin. Let your skin calm down naturally.
Skin lite cream is a medicated cream possessing a combination of various medicines used for the treatment of age spots and melasma. It is primarily used to treat melasma (a common skin condition that causes brown patches on the face). The skin condition is more common in women than in men. These discoloured patches developed on the forehead, chin, nose, and cheeks. Skinlite combines three active ingredients, namely Hydroquinone, Tretinoin and Mometasone furoate. If you use this skin care product per the tips mentioned above, you would barely encounter any side effects or disadvantages.