The eyes are the most sensitive part of the body. It is an important sensory organ that makes all the difference between a colourful and black world. About 80% of what we perceive comes through the sense of sight. The human eye can see things and surroundings in bright or dim light, but it cannot see anything in the darkness. Eye care becomes all the more essential to enjoy vision. One must wear darkly tinted sunglasses while going out on a sunny day as UV rays can harm the eye. Young children are always told to maintain some distance between themselves and the television, which is essential because lack of proper eye care may result in blurred vision and blindness. There are a lot of eye problems or diseases one can get. Some of the eye diseases are:
- Eye herpes
- CMV retinitis
- Low vision
- Macular degeneration
Some of the eye conditions are:
- Bell’s palsy
- Colour Blindness
- Eye Twitching
There are several types of eye diseases that a person can suffer from. But remember, eye diseases cannot be prevented but can be treated. Taking care of your eyes reduces the risk of becoming blind or losing vision. One can avoid the odds of developing diseases like Glaucoma and cataracts with proper eye care.
Glaucoma is an eye disease which causes damage to the optic nerves. It is caused when intraocular pressure builds up inside an eye. Optic nerves are important to transport images to the brain. If the optic nerve continues to get damaged due to high pressure, it can result in blindness. In that case, treatment is needed to reduce the risk of permanent vision loss. In most cases, a person may not find any symptoms of optic nerve damage. But some warning signs require immediate medical assistance:
- Difficulty in seeing near or far objects
- Doubled vision
- Swelling in lids and colour changes to red
- Change in colour of the iris
- Itchy and burning feeling in the eye
- Teary or watery eyes
The warning signals do not assure of getting glaucoma disease. But if a person faces the loss of vision in one eye, a flash of black spots or hazy and blurred vision daily, he must consult an eye doctor for a complete eye examination. There are two types of glaucoma:
- Open-angle glaucoma – This is also called wide-angle glaucoma, a very common type. At an open angle, the structure of an eye is normal, but the problem occurs in fluid as it does not flow properly.
- Angle-closure glaucoma – This type is acute or chronic or narrow-angle closure glaucoma. In angle closure glaucoma, sudden pressure builds up in the eyes. This type of glaucoma is the least common. The angle between the iris and cornea is narrow, so the drainage becomes poor. you can treat your glaucoma using bimatoprost solution as active minerals, or careprost is the best medication for the treatment of glaucoma
So, proper eye care is needed, and one must diagnose and treat it before it becomes a big problem. A cataract is a common eye problem in people over 65.
A cataract is an eye condition referring to the clouding of the eye lens. The light rays travel into an eye through the pupil when we look at objects. A cataract occurs when the lens becomes cloudy as it cannot focus light on the retina. When vision becomes blurry, it indicates a cataract in one or both eyes. At first, a person may not know about the problem, but gradually, vision becomes an obstruction in day-to-day activities. The problem of cataracts is the leading cause of loss of vision around the world. Twenty-two million Americans in the age group of 40 or above are affected by cataracts. According to the National Eye Institute, more than half of Americans crossing 80 years become a victim of cataracts. Any kind of eye injuries, medicines or diabetes may also cause cataracts. Some common myths persist among people regarding the cause and treatment of cataracts.
- Eye drops can dissolve cataracts – According to the Food and Drug Administration, it is not certain that drops can cure or prevent cataracts. A cataract is a natural problem, and there are no drops that can completely remove it.
- Cataract surgery takes a long time to recover – Cataract surgery is one of the most common and popular surgeries, with a success rate of about 95%. There is always some risk associated with any type of surgery; a surgeon could tell you better. One can return to normal day-to-day activities after removing the eye patch. Some patients recover within weeks, whereas some take a little longer time. The surgery is dangerous and may take months.
- Cataract grows back – Cataracts do not grow after surgery. There is the possibility that it may develop in the other eye. Vision gets compromised when the membranes holding the new lens implant become cloudy. It can be treated with laser surgery in just 15 minutes.
- Cataracts are reversible – Many people think that cataracts are reversible. But the fact is that lens becomes cloudy with age. It is a natural process which cannot be changed. One may get cataracts when he becomes old. Its further progress can be stopped by quitting smoking and having a healthy and balanced diet. One can also wear sunglasses to get protection from UVA and UVB rays.
Let us have a look at some signs and symptoms of cataracts. Having blurred or dim vision is the most common symptom of a cataract. Some other symptoms include:
- Difficulty in seeing during the night or under low light conditions
- Double vision in one eye
- Faded or yellow colouring on the eye
- Seeing halos around lights
If you have any of the symptoms, it is necessary to consult a doctor immediately. The doctor will give a diagnosis, followed by several tests. The eye is examined using an ophthalmoscope device to know about cataracts’ signs. Once after diagnosis, the best method to treat cataracts is surgery. In cataract surgery, the clouded lens is removed and replaced with an artificial lens. The surgery would not require hospitalisation as it is done on an outpatient basis. The surgery guarantees 95% success, and the patient would get relief within weeks. you can control your cataract by using the same medications, cate
The eye is an important part of the body. Having the perfect vision becomes essential because a person may need it to look for objects at a distance. Glaucoma and cataract cannot be prevented, but they can be treated. Surgery is the best option to treat cataracts. Also, you can use careprost eye drops and certain creams to remove eye irritation.
If you know anyone suffering from eye-related illness, please share this blog with them. You can also use the comment boxes in case of any health-related queries.
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- 5 Ways to Help Prevent Alzheimer’s disease - November 28, 2022
- 10 Amazing Cancer-Fighting Herbs and Spices For Your Diet - August 22, 2022
- Cataract: Shocking Myths Vs Facts - August 16, 2022