Daily medication and the associated health troubles that silently come along with diabetes are not the ideal concepts for all people with diabetes. Some people want to manage diabetes naturally to reverse the condition. One can control diabetes by maintaining a healthy diet, drinking enough water, and taking a good sleep.
If you have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, there’s a lot you can do to improve your health, and the best place to start is by making changes in your lifestyle habits. If you are determined to modify your lifestyle to control diabetes, here’s how to get started:
- Eliminate Refined Carbohydrates from the Diet – Refined sugar can cause a hike in blood sugar levels. Foods and beverages, including soda, honey, cookies, white bread, and sugar, enter the bloodstream and spike blood sugar levels to a great extent.
- Feed on to low Glycaemic Foods – If you have diabetes, then you should eat little glycaemic food such as nuts, seeds, starchy vegetables, fruits like cherries, berries, plum peaches, avocados, eggs, and raw pastured dairy. Low glycemic index food not only helps control blood sugar but also help you lose extra weight. You can also include lean meat in your diet, be it chicken breast, turkey breast, or egg whites. These foods satisfy your tummy and prevent you from snacking later.
- Drink Enough Water- Have you been wondering how to manage diabetes without medicines? This one is the best natural way to achieve control over high blood sugar. A lot of research studies suggest that water helps maintain sugar levels in the bloodstream. Furthermore consuming enough water prevents dehydration and allows the kidney to flush out the harmful waste out of the body through urine. Regular intake of water and calorie-free fluids reduces the risk of diabetes. Choose to drink water and fluids that are calorie-free.
- Avoid Stress- stress may affect your sugar levels can worsen your condition. When you are in a stressful situation, your body tends to produce hormones like glucagon and cortisol, which cause a spike in blood sugar levels. According to health care experts, the best way to manage stress is to meditate and exercise regularly. Meditation helps your body to gain control over the mind, which improves mental and physical health, ultimately controlling your diabetes.
- Get Adequate Sleep- It is very important to have a sound sleep of at least 7 to 8 hours. getting a proper amount of sleep to promote mental and physical health. Inappropriate sleeping patterns may affect blood sugar levels and insulin sensitivity, which is a major cause of weight gain.
- Avoid Smoking- Health care experts add that diabetes patients must also quit smoking as nicotine is known to promote insulin resistance. It does not affect blood sugar level but also increases your risk of cardiovascular disease and kidney impairment. you can order diabetic medicine from premiumrxdrugs at best price
Follow these healthy lifestyle habits to control your diabetes naturally, and it is wise to consult your health care specialist before you apply them.