When cells in the breast start growing abnormally, its leads to the development of breast cancer. The cells start growing rapidly, leading to the destruction of healthy cells. Breast cancer can develop in men and women, but it is more common in women than in men. Health awareness and the development of various drugs have helped create advances in diagnosing and treating breast cancer. The survival rate has increased, and death rates associated with breast cancer is steadily declining, largely due to early diagnosis, health education, a better understanding of the disease, and the development of drugs and various treatment procedure for the disease.
There are certain types of medication for treating breast cancer after menopause. Aromasin is one of the drugs used to treat breast cancer after menopause. Aromasin works by adjusting the estrogen level and helps slow down the growth of cancer cells.
Aromasin certainly requires a prescription from an experienced oncologist for treating cancer.
What is Aromasin used for?
The chemical name for Aromasin is Exemestane, an aromatase inhibitor used to treat all stages of hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer in postmenopausal women. It is also used with other cancer medications to prevent early-stage breast cancer. It also reduces the risk of cancer in postmenopausal women who have taken two to three years of tamoxifen and those who switch to Aromasin and complete five years of hormonal therapy after surgery.
How does the drug work?
Aromatase is the enzyme which synthesizes estrogen, and there is a kind of cancer which requires estrogen to grow. Aromasin blocks the action of the aromatase enzyme, which turns the hormone androgen into small amounts of estrogen in the body. This leads to less estrogen, and it causes the availability of less estrogen to stimulate the growth of hormone receptor-positive breast cancer cells. Aromasin does not work for hormone receptor-negative breast cancer. For premenopausal women with hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer, ovarian suppression and Aromasin are used as a new treatment option that reduces the risk of recurrence. Now Aromasin is prescribed for ovarian suppression for premenopausal women also.
Is a prescription needed for Aromasin?
Before you begin treatment with Aromasin, you and your doctor should speak about the benefits of this medicine. Aromasin 25mg is a prescription drug. It is always best to use the medicine under a doctor’s supervision. Buy Aromasin only when it is prescribed.
How to take Aromasin?
Follow the guidelines given by your doctors. It is usually taken once daily, after a meal. It is best to be taken at the same time each day. Take your medical tests frequently. The doctor may prescribe vitamin D with Aromasin.
It is prescribed 25 mg orally once a day. It should be strictly taken after the meal. If you miss the dose, take it when you remember, but skip the missed dose and continue to follow your regular dosing schedule.
Let your doctor know if you are allergic to exemestane. There are some side effects, and they are as follows:
- chest pain
- new or unusual bone pain
- swelling in your hands or feet
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion
- signs of a blood clot- sudden numbness or weakness, problems with vision or speech, swelling or redness in an arm or leg
- hot flashes
- feeling tired
- joint pain
- increased appetite
- sleep problems
- increased sweating
- Aromasin decreases bone mineral density, which may lead to osteoporosis
If any of the side effects appear, consult your doctor immediately.
Interaction with other drugs
Many drugs may interact with exemestane, so tell your doctor about all your current medicines. Aromasin may interact with over-the-current medicines, vitamins, and herbal products, so follow the instruction given by your doctor.
- There is no proof that Aromasin creates problems with alcohol consumption; consult your doctor before consuming Aromasin with alcohol.
- It is very unsafe to use aromasin during pregnancy. It is very harmful to the developing baby.
- Aromasin is harmful to use during breastfeeding. Many pieces of evidence show that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby. It is recommended not to breastfeed your baby for at least a month after stopping the treatment.
- The drug may decrease alertness, affect your eyesight or make you sleepy and dizzy. Don’t take this drug before driving.
- Aromasin is for post menopause phase, so tell your doctor if you still have menstrual periods.
- Aromasin may interact with birth control pills, patches, injections, implants, or hormone replacement therapy. Buy Aromasin online from Premiumrxdrugs at an affordable price.
Latest posts by Marie (see all)
- Can I Buy Tretinoin Gel Online? - February 14, 2024
- Careprost Eyelash Enhancer with Applicator – Uses, Side Effects, and many more - February 9, 2024
- Where to Buy Propecia Online in the USA - February 8, 2024