HCG is also known as Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. It is one of the hormones released from a pregnant lady’s body. The hormone is produced by the cells of the Placenta. The syncytiotrophoblast cells of the placenta produce this hormone.
Before getting to know the HCG injections, we must know a few things about HCG hormone also:
- HCG hormone has two subunits, namely the alpha subunit and the beta unit subunit.
- The subunit alpha is almost identical to the LH (Luteinizing hormone) and FSH (stimulating follicle hormone).
- The Beta subunit of HCG does not resemble any other hormone and is found only in HCG.
- The main function of HCG is to maintain pregnancy by preventing the shedding of the endometrial layer of the uterus.
- The placenta produces an HCG hormone to assist progesterone in maintaining the endometrium layer and the corpus luteum in the ovary.
- HCG is needed only in the first trimester of pregnancy, after which the placenta is mature enough to secrete enough progesterone.
HCG is a hormone medication available in the form of injections. These hormones are derived from the powder taken from pregnant woman’s urine. The pregnant woman’s urine is dissolved in sterile water and then injected into the muscle. The HCG injection is combined with fertility drugs to trigger ovulation. The ovulation starts within 36-40 hours of injection. It is generally given in the intrauterine insemination phases, or the egg can be harvested and used for IVF. However, HCG injections are not useful if the ovaries cannot produce viable ova.
Use of HCG Injections in Males:
In males, Testosterone is the main male sexual hormone. It is produced by Leydig cells in the testes. The cells are stimulated by LH or luteinizing hormone. Testosterone is also responsible for various other things, such as:
- Secondary sexual traits
- Sperm development, etc.
In many cases, the testosterone has not produced enough or in case the tests are not descended properly. In such cases, HCG injections are given to stimulate testosterone production. Testosterone also helps in cases where testes have not descended. HCG injections for males have been used for many decades for several reasons, including the reasons mentioned above.
HCG Injections and False Pregnancy Results:
You should avoid taking a home pregnancy test as soon as you are injected with the HCG shots as they tend to remain in the blood for a few days and can be found in urine, too, giving a false positive urine test for pregnancy. So, the doctors recommend taking the pregnancy urine test only after at least 2 weeks to get a doubt-free result.
Side Effects of HCG Hormone:
Before using HCG hormone, you must be first aware of the side effects of HCG. The increase in hormone levels, such as progesterone/ testosterone, can be emotionally difficult for the female and her partner. The condition of the patient can vary depending on the side effects, which include:
- An upset stomach
- An allergic reaction
- Headaches/ body pains
- Fever/ rise in temperature
- Joint pain
- Soreness at the site of injection
HCG and OHSS:
Apart from these mild experiences, females often suffer from a condition called OHSS. The females may develop ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). It is one of the most common side effects of HCG injections. This condition is known to cause the ovaries to swell. The size becomes much larger than the normal size. This leads to fluid leakage into the abdominal cavity.
There are a few common symptoms of OHSS. These symptoms include:
- Abdominal pain
- Rapid enlargement of the abdominal area
- Excessive thirst
- Signs of dehydration
In about one-third of all IVF cycles, women generally experience mild OHSS as an issue.
Other Side Effects and Fears of Using HCG for Infertility Treatment:
An HCG injection given to induce ovulation may result in multiple pregnancies. Multiple pregnancies have their associated complications.
Therefore, you must always talk to your doctor about the expected risks before you take the HCG shots. Then you must remember that your health and well-being are your top priority. Although these injections have made it possible for millions of women to get pregnant safely, you must always ensure that you visit an experienced doctor at a reputable fertility clinic. This will help you remain satisfied with the well-being of your own as well as deliver a healthy birth. you can buy HCG online from premium drugs at an affordable price in the USA, UK, Australia and all over Europe.
Latest posts by Marie (see all)
- How Should I Cure My Premature Ejaculation with Medicine - September 26, 2022
- Best Medicine for Erectile Dysfunction Without Side Effects - September 21, 2022
- Finasteride 5mg Used for Enlarged Prostate. - September 19, 2022