Tri-Luma cream is one of the most prescribed topical formulations for treating melasma (refer to as a skin pigmentation disorder) skin condition. Doctors have found this cream effective enough in achieving the desired results in their patients. The cream also works successfully to treat dark, patchy skin area when applied correctly. Tri luma is a combination medication and the only approved melasma treatment by FDA. The cream consists of 3 different medication, and therefore it is also called a unique triple combination topical formulation for treating moderate to severe facial melasma. The 3 combined medicine used in Tri-luma is Hydroquinone (works as a reversible skin bleaching agent), Tretinoin (a retinoid that increases skin shedding) and Fluocinolone (a corticosteroid that reduces redness, swelling and itchiness). The cream work to improve a melasma condition when you apply it correctly for the prescribed period.
Why Melasma Appears?
Weather conditions, hormonal changes, pregnancy, high sun exposure, birth control pills, and genetic components are some of the common factors that usually trigger melasma. Timely treatment is important before the condition becomes more severe. The appearance of melasma looks like brown or grey patches that usually comes on the facial area.
Forehead, bridge of the nose, cheeks, upper lip, and lower chin are the common facial area where melasma triggers; apart from this, it can attack other body areas, i.e., neck, forearms, neck, and shoulder to people especially who are exposed to extreme sunlight.
Treatment Required for Melasma
In many cases (such as hormonal changes, taking a birth pill, or avoiding going in the sun), melasma fades away its own after some time, and treatment is not always necessary. For some people, melasma can last for years or throughout life; if you find that your melasma is not getting fade away, then consult a dermatologist to seek the right treatment. In some cases, it has also been found that melasma can come back even after taking a successful treatment.
How to apply Tri-Luma Cream
The triple combination therapy of Tri luma should always be used along with sun-avoidance measures like wearing sun-protective clothing or applying sunscreens. The topical formulation has the strength of Fluocinolone acetonide 0.01%, Hydroquinone 4% and Tretinoin 0.05%. Triluma cream should be used accurately as instructed by your doctor
The correct application of this medication is important to achieve the desired results.
- The best time to apply this cream is at night 30 minutes before bedtime.
- Gently wash your face with a mild cleanser, rinse and pat dry your skin.
- Take a pea-size quantity of the cream on your fingertip and apply evenly on the discoloured spot/patch. Also, apply another pea-size quantity near the affected area.
- Rub the cream well so that it gets observed by the skin.
- Keep the cream away from your eyes, nose, mouth, and open wounds.
- Don’t use this cream extra as it can make your skin irritate.
- Do not cover the treated area with anything after applying Triluma
- During the use of this cream, you may experience skin redness, dryness, itchiness, irritation, or peeling. If your skin gets too irritated, you can stop using the cream and let your doctor know about it.
- Wash your treated skin with water when you wake up in the morning to avoid dryness. You may also use a mild moisturizer if you experience too much dryness.
- Use sunscreen (at least SPF 30) if you go out in sunlight. Even after completing the treatment, it will be good to protect your skin from sunlight. You can buy tri-luma cream online from premiumrxdrugs at affordable price
Latest posts by Marie (see all)
- Can We Use Latanoprost For Eyelash Growth - August 5, 2021
- What To Know About the Medicine That Grows Thick Eyelashes - July 14, 2021
- Kamagra Gold vs Kamagra - July 9, 2021