An inability to attain firm erection during sexual intercourse is known as erectile dysfunction (ED). People often call this condition as impotence as well. It is the most common sex problem in men these days. Attaining adequate erection every time is not necessary and neither cause of concern, but if this problem is an ongoing one than it is a matter of concern. ED condition not only creates differences between the bed partners but also invite stress, relationship issues, and affect your self-confidence.
Achieving no or insufficient erection during sexual activity can be a sign of poor health condition that may need treatment. For some extent, the natural remedies can treat this condition, but if the remedies don’t work than switching to medication would be a wise decision if your physician recommends.
Why ED Happen or the Causes of ED?
Before jump-in to know the treatment options of ED, let’s have a look at some factors which tell us why ED happens or what are the causes of ED?
If you are undergoing this condition, it may a warning sign of cardiovascular disease. This disease blocks the vascular or circulatory system of a man. As per studies, men with erectile
Though ED condition is more common as men ages, but aging doesn’t always cause this factor. Some men stay sexually fit in their 80s also.
The ED condition happens when:
- There is insufficient blood supply to the penis (health issues and frequent smoking are the main factors that disturbs the blood flow)
- Brain nerve signal or certain disease (i.e. diabetes)/ injuries affect penis nerves.
- Cancer treatment around the pelvis area can affect the functionality of the penis.
- Drug usage for treating other illness can also negatively impact to erection.
- At times unhealthy eating habits, weird lifestyle also invite the ED condition.
- Age factor, men above 50s commonly face erection issues.
- Access use of alcohol and smoking.
ED should be treated as it not only affects the man’s well-being but it also affects his relationships. Normal sex needs the working of body & mind together. Therefore, ED can result from health problems, emotional issues, or from both at times. The health issues have been already stated above some emotional issues that can cause ED are:
- Work or home stress
- Relationship conflicts
- The stress of society
- Worrisome about finances or stability
Finding and working on the causes of your ED timely will help you to come out of this condition.
ED Treatment Options:
For treating your ED condition it would be best to speak to your doctor first. He is the right person who can analyze the treatment you need based on your health condition and your current lifestyle.
ED can be treated at any age and the treatment largely depends on your overall health and the underlying cause of your ED condition.
As ED is getting common day by day in men the options for treating it has been also increased. Here are some options you can choose from to treat your ED condition after consulting your doctor:
- ED Pills – Oral medication (it is called a first line treatment and its success ratio goes up to 80%. Sildenafil, Tadalafil, Avanafil, Vardenafil etc. are the salt those are used to make ED medications in different brands and forms. Generic Viagra is a popular option for treating ED condition considering its equal efficacy to its brand name but in less pricing).
- Surgery Option – This option usually takes place when all other methods have failed to treat ED. Your doctor can advise you best on this but the success rate of surgery is not beneficial in the longer run.
- Penile Injections – Through this method, the medication can directly be injected into the penis to trigger an erection. Penile injections are an effective way out for men who can’t or don’t prefer taking oral treatment.
- Penis or Vacuum Pump – This pump comes in a hollow tube shape along with battery power. This pump is used to suck out the air inside the tube after keeping it on your penis. The pump forces blood to flow into your penis which results in achieving an erection.
- Sex Therapy – Oral treatment or devices doesn’t work when an erection is blocked inside you due to fear, complex or anxiety. Sex therapy helps to release or get you out from depression and anxiety.
- Lifestyle Changes – You can combat your ED condition naturally by adopting a good lifestyle. Regular exercise, limit your smoking and alcohol intake, losing weight, leaving illegal drugs, and doing mediation are some of the tricks those are helpful to overcome from ED issue.
Above are the popular treatment options to treat ED condition.